The Self-Assessment Team (SAT) is made up of a group of individuals working in various roles across the School of Medicine. Our current mission is to finalise and submit the School of Medicine's application for Silver status to the ECU’s Athena SWAN Charter for November 2017. Whilst meeting regularly as a team, we all have allocated roles and meet regularly in smaller sub-groups in order to carry forward certain aspects of the November application. These groups are working on the following areas: data, writing, communications, interventions and impact.
The School of Medicine Athena Swan Working Group members are:
- Maralyn Druce – Co-chair
- Sandra Evans – Co-chair
- Laura Simpson - Athena Swan Co-ordinator
- Sandra Brown - QMUL Diversity Coordinator
- Natalie McCloskey - Institute Manager, Blizard
- Rachel Ashworth – Institute of Health Science representative
- Matthew Caley – Postdoctoral Representative
- Angus Cameron – Early Career Researcher
- Danë Goodsman – Reader in Medical Education
- Sophie Hoque - Student Representative
- Amy Danson - WISE Chair
- Emma Atakpa - Medical Statistics PhD Student
- Enid Hennessy – Expert with responsibility for data
- Aine McKnight – Blizard Institute representative
- Mangala Patel – Institute of Dentistry SAT Chair
- Jane Sosabowski – Established parents returners lunch
- Lou Metherell
- Vanessa Sousa
- Harriet Allan
- Tom Schindler
- Orli Thau-Zuchman
- Helen Bintley
We are gearing up for our Silver Award re-application to the Equality Challenge Unit for November 2017. A lot of work goes into the School of Medicine's application and this is our chance to showcase all the good work we have been doing for gender equality.
As we get nearer the time, we will upload more information here regarding our submission.
Although part of the same faculty, Medicine and Dentistry have separate Athena Swan submissions. Further information is available via the QM Athena SWAN Charter page.