An Academic Health Science Partnership
UCLPartners is one of the world’s leading centres of medical discovery, healthcare innovation and education.
Through its collective commitment to excellence, collaborative ethos and urgent sense of purpose, UCLPartners is dedicated to speeding up the delivery of medical breakthroughs, proven healthcare innovation and excellence in education for the benefit of patients and populations.
The partnership serves a population of six million people in north east and north central London, south and west Hertfordshire, south Bedfordshire and south west and mid Essex. Its benefits are far reaching – with measurable health gain for patients and populations across London, the UK and globally.
It is a broad partnership of more than 100,000 clinicians and academics from distinguished hospitals and universities collaborating closely with partners from primary, community and social care, local government, patient groups, voluntary groups and industry.
How we implement change at scale
UCLPartners aligns five levers to combine its academic strength with clinical and research excellence:
- The Academic Health Science Centre (AHSC) provides the capability to discover and develop new innovations.
- Clinical research networks enable cutting edge research to be adopted into routine practice in the NHS and improve patients’ access to clinical trials.
- Through the Academic Health Science Network (AHSN), partners work collaboratively across organisational boundaries to achieve the best clinical outcomes for patients, delivering innovation at scale across a wide population.
- Applied health research evaluates the translation of medical research into practice to ensure continuous improvement.
- The education and training programme develops the knowledge and skills that are fundamental to enable high-quality care.
Combined, these levers enable UCLPartners to strengthen its collaboration between patients, the NHS, the Higher Education Institutions and industry to overcome the common barriers to implementing healthcare improvement.