Research at Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
The 2008 Research Assessment Exercise results showed Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry joining Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial College and University College London in the top 5 medical and dental schools in England for quality of research.
In the same exercise, the School was ranked first in London, ahead of University College, Imperial College and King’s College.
International recognition in key research areas
The School is nationally and internationally recognised for research in the following areas:
- Cancer Research
- Stem Cell Research
- Cardiovascular Biomedical Research
- Genetic Basis of Disease Research
- Infection, Inflammation and Repair Research
- Basic and Translational Neuroscience Research
- Dentistry Research
- Preventive Medicine and Public Health Research
Times Higher Education ranking
According to rankings published in the Times Higher Education, Barts and The London scored consistently in the top five.