The 2014 Research Excellence Framework placed QMUL 9th among multi-disciplinary universities. In the areas of Clinical Medicine and Population Health we were among the top 5 Medical Schools in the UK. The School of Dentistry also performed excellently with another top 5 position. This maintains our status among the leading universities across London and the UK and builds upon our 2008 RAE performance.
International recognition in key research areas
The School is nationally and internationally recognised for research in the following areas:
- Cancer Research
- Stem Cell Research
- Cardiovascular Biomedical Research
- Genetic Basis of Disease Research
- Infection, Inflammation and Repair Research
- Basic and Translational Neuroscience Research
- Dentistry Research
- Preventive Medicine and Public Health Research
Times Higher Education ranking
According to rankings published in the Times Higher Education, Barts and The London scored consistently in the top five.