Queen Mary University of London MBBS Malta Scholarships for 2018/19 entry
We have fortunately secured additional funding for Scholarships for 2018 entry and all applicants who meet the MBBS Malta entry requirements are eligible for an award and we predict a high level of success in gaining a scholarship.
We are accepting late applications for MBBS Malta in September 2018 over the coming weeks and in turn applications for scholarships too. Apply now for the course.
These scholarships are awarded to students for the duration of their programme, subject to meeting the necessary criteria to progress each year.
Am I eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for the scholarships you must:
- Submit a completed Medicine MBBS Malta application
- Submit a completed scholarship application
You must submit an application form to be considered for a scholarship. These will be awarded entirely on academic merit.
Total amount awarded by Queen Mary University of London per year
Total amount payable by student, for tuition, per year
*Tuition fees may rise over subsequent years in line with inflation.
The scholarships do not include accommodation fees or any other living expenses.
If some of these scholarships remain unallocated, or if candidates are unsuccessful in meeting the conditions set for admission to the course, the scholarships are likely to be reallocated. In all circumstances, any applicant who has applied for a scholarship but has not yet been successful will be considered or re-considered for an award.
Note: It is not necessary to have had settled immigration status in Malta for the full five years of the course at the time of application. You only need to show that you have it by the start date of the first academic year of the course.
The scholarships are open to all candidates worldwide.
All scholarships will be awarded on the basis of applicants’ academic performance.
Application and awarding process
Students who wish to be considered for one of these scholarships need to first apply to the course then apply for the scholarship here
The minimum requirements for admission to the course are listed below:
- AAB or equivalent; 2:1 or equivalent for graduates,
- a minimum UKCAT score of 2331,
- IELTS 7.0
Scholarships may be awarded subject to the student meeting the terms of the academic offer when exam results are announced.
- Students can apply for the scholarship at any point, even if they have already been interviewed and offered a place.
- Unconditional scholarship awardees will be expected to accept the offer within two weeks by making a deposit payment.
- Conditional scholarship awardees will be expected to accept an offer within one week of becoming unconditional by making a deposit payment.
- Scholarships cannot usually be deferred.
Steps from application to scholarship award
- Apply for the MBBS Malta
- Apply for the Scholarship
- Attend an interview, if invited, either in person or via Skype
- Student considered for scholarship if interview was successful
- Student informed of offer of admission to MBBS and outcome of scholarship application if a decision on this has been made at this point
- Student informed of offer of admission to MBBS and then the outcome of the scholarship application once this is available, then provided a deadline by which to accept scholarship offer by making deposit payment.
When will I know the outcome of my scholarship application?
We will let you know about the payment of your scholarship, if you are successful in receiving an offer to the programme, as soon as possible.
How do I complete the application form?
Please ensure you answer all questions and complete all sections of the form. The questions help us to assess if you are eligible for a Scholarship. If you would like any help in preparing your application please contact the Admissions Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.